Monday, May 6, 2013

        Yesterday out on my buddies pond we managed to reel in some monsters. This pond has an area of 100 yards and deepest depth of 13 feet. It is stocked with bluegill, green sunfish and, largemouth bass. The common catch being bluegill.
        We were fishing with spinners at about 4 pm with wind 2-3mph to the southwest. We threw in some some water skimming lures with no luck. Gary Yomamotos were what the fish were biting. Then from there we pulled in a few 2 pounders. Then as the sun set we pulled up two 5 pounders. These largemouth were very hard to pull on 2 pound test. Over all it was a good outing. We hope to catch some bigger fish with shiners next week. Until then!
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow Brandon that really is a monster!I noticed you said the wind was headed 2-3mph southwest, and I'm very curious as to how you figured this out, as its something I've also wanted to know how to do. Well keep up the great blogging! War Eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. War Eagle Brandon. That's quite the catch you have there. I was out with my buddy Tray ^^^ a few days ago and we managed to snag a 7 pounder. We used some 730 rods that I just got. You can really feel the power! Anyway, I really love what you've done to the blog. It's super homey, and it has some breathtaking art. Maybe someday you can take me out on the water for some bass fishing! Keep up the good work! Happy fishing!!! War Eagle.

    ReplyDelete